Canada's NDP


The office of MP Lindsay Mathyssen will be providing eligible constituents with help to complete their taxes through our 2023 Tax Clinic from March 7 until April 25. You must schedule an appointment to take part in this service. Please call our office at 519-685-4745 or send an email to

After you have scheduled an appointment for our clinic, please bring your ID, all T-Slips (income slips), rent receipts, medical receipts, charitable donations, DTC info, etc. If you or someone you know needs help from a clinic, but is unable to leave the home, service is available.


Many community organizations also participate in the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program and offer free income tax clinics for low income families and individuals. Here are some other tax clinics, please email these organizations for an appointment:

Trinity United Church Community Centre


Appointments available every Monday from March 3rd to April 28th




Appointments available starting mid-February

Goodwill Industries


Every Monday from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, starting March 6th to April 24th.

Compass Tax Clinic


Every Wednesday from 9:15 am -12:15 pm and 1:00 pm-4:00 pm, March 1 to April 26.


To be eligible for community clinic help, you must be a constituent of London-Fanshawe and be earning a modest income and have a simple tax situation.

In general, a modest income means your total family income is less than $35,000 a year for an individual or $45,000 for a couple/household (plus $5000 for the first dependent and $2500 for each additional dependent).

Other local community organizations may set different amounts. Please contact them directly for more information.

A simple tax situation means that you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:



benefits such as the CPP, disability insurance, EI, and social assistance

registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)

support payments

scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants

interest (under $1,000)

Free tax clinics will not provide services if you (more complicated):

are self-employed or have employment expenses INCLUDING ANY RENTAL INCOME

have business or rental income and expenses

have capital gains or losses

are an International student

filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)

are completing a tax return for a deceased person.

Please call our office to let us know your situation and make necessary arrangements at 519-685-4745.